I first saw these delicious bars on Jenn Im’s Youtube and really wanted to try them. At first, I was a little hesitant and thought these bars wouldn’t taste great because they looked “too healthy”, but these bars were so tasty! Not only are these super easy to make, but they also only require a few healthy and natural ingredients. I really liked the fact that these bars didn’t need any sugar; the sweetness comes from the medjool dates. So, so yum! You have to give them a try!
I followed Aimee’s recipe, but made a few adjustments. Oh, and I got all my ingredients from Trader Joes (my favorite grocery store)!
1 cup Rolled Oats
4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds (You can use any seed to your liking!)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
12 Medjool Dates, Seeded and Chopped
(Make sure the dates are ripe! The riper they are, the sweeter and easier it is to make the bars. You can tell that the dates are ripe by its dark color and it’s squishier.)
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut oil together in a bowl. Make sure to evenly mix the granola mixture with the oil.
- Place parchment paper in a baking dish or pan and evenly spread out the granola mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, then bake for another 15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- While the granola is baking, cut the medjool dates and take the seeds out.
- When ready, take the granola out of the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- To create the bars, mix the warm granola with the dates. I mixed and mashed the mixture together using my hands (I wore gloves when doing this step). It was easier for me to use my hands rather than a wooden spoon to make the dates and granola stick better together.
- Line a glass dish with parchment paper and evenly press the date and granola mixture. Make sure to pack and press the mixture into the dish so the bar holds its shape.
- Optional (and delicious!): Sprinkle coconut flakes over the bars.
- Cover the glass dish with plastic wrap and freeze the bars for an hour.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
*To store the bars, wrap and store in the refrigerator (if it’s not all gone!).*
Check out my Instagram stories for my process in making these delicious snacks! Make sure to let me know how these bars turned out for you and if you made any adjustments. I hope you enjoy these bars just as much as I did!
With Beauty, Grace, and Love