I love the Fall season because of pumpkins: pumpkin patches, pumpkin pie, pumpkin decorating! So, I found a scrumptious, spice-y, and chocolate-y recipe that’s perfect for the upcoming season. Pumpkin baked goods are delicious, but with a kick of chocolate?? Even better! So, here is a recipe I found for pumpkin brownies!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
I did not have cloves and nutmeg, so I used 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time with a spoon.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it’s evenly moistened.
- Divide the batter in half in two separate bowls.
- Into one bowl of batter, blend the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. In the second bowl of batter, stir in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spread 1/2 of the chocolate batter into the bottom of each baking cup, and follow with 1/2 of the pumpkin batter.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a pumpkin layer, and drag a kitchen knife gently through the layers in a swirling motion, to create a marbled appearance.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes and until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and serve.
REVIEW & THOUGHTS
These delightful treats are just how I imagined them. The brownie portion is sweet and chocolatey while the pumpkin section is aromatic from the spices. They make a great combo and a perfect dessert for the Fall season.
So, enjoy baking these pumpkin brownies; they really satisfy your chocolatey and “pumkin-y” cravings!
With Beauty, Grace, and Love